12 March 2018

facing fears. learning. launching my first online class FINALLY!


spirit wands created by me. new online course. 
truth. there is no perfect, only what you make it. 


me at 54 (almost 55 years) 

i stitch to heal. i stitch to learn more about myself.








I looked at my little blog that I started so very many years ago and noticed I had not posted since November. Wow! How did that much time zap by? It just does, that is life.

I made a promise to myself in this new year of 2018 and that was to LEARN. Learn all of the things that I thought were bigger then me. To put aside the self talk that never has served me and just show up and learn. I have wanted to teach, to put together online courses about things I love to create. I have let the fear of learning how to accomplish this take over.  NO MORE!!!

I have a very smart and talented husband who believes in my talents so very much! With his help and my being brave and reaching out to a friend who is so talented with art and online courses, I just launched my first one. It was so wonderful! I love learning this stuff. I even surprised myself! I love organizing the lessons, styling the photos, chatting away about what I am creating. I even let go of not being young looking enough or pretty enough. The heck with all of that crap. I am doing it!!

I even launched with a class that to many might be odd. I do not even care. To me it is a sacred gift that I wanted to share, so I did and you know what, people showed up! Students are loving this online class. I am humbled and thrilled beyond. So excited to hear and see what they are creating. This is wonderful stuff.

Of course as I move forward it is easy to look back on my life and see how I traveled to where I am now. I have always been an artist my whole life since I was a little girl. I grew up and went to collage and became a graphic designer and illustrator. Cool! I still adore designing and illustrating. I had build up a routine of bad self talk - not enough self esteem until I was frozen. It feels great to not be frozen in fear. Sure I still suffer from anxieties but, man I have a handle on those (for the most part).

I am now creating my second online course and it will launch soon. I have plans for at least 20 courses already in list form.

My life is not as easy as some might think, I work really hard. I have some people who show up that are terribly mean to me. I live with knowing how lucky I am to be alive and I take it seriously. I want to show up and be positive to be a light. I no longer want to feel hurt by bullies and mean people. I just do not want to fear it anymore.  So I am learning how not to. I learn more daily! I work on learning and growing and facing and slaying these fears every single day.

Be inspired by your life. Show up and do the stuff you feel calling you. Try it! Do not let others tell you who you are or what you are capable of. Just listen to YOU!!! This learning gig is the real stuff. I am so grateful that I am on this path. I wish this for all of you!!!

My online course is = Creating Your Own Spirit Wand
It is over 4 hours of video lessons, 20 PDF downloads of inspiration, tips, lessons, sources.
The early registration price is $49 until the 15th of March after the 15th the price is $59

If you are registered in the class by the 15th you are entered into a drawing to WIN the Spirit Wand I create in class. I also have a drawing to win a big box of supplies from my studio. I love giving and I have been creating lots of ways to give back as a thank you for supporting me.

If you follow me at all on facebook or instagram you know what these are.

Here is the link if you are so inclined to join me. I would love that!!!
https://goo.gl/nvGGrX






2 comments:

  1. I understand your fears . I was so nervous to teach my first one too but once I settled in to being true to ME , I set sail and had a blast . Your course is fabulous and filled with goodness . I’m learning and loving !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer so I could come to your class! your blog and your facebook are a constant source of inspiration to me. Thank you lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete