01 March 2017

becoming more of me 2017

little me. i had a pixie haircut until i was 18. 

she believed she could so she did! I believe I can. 

2011 Paris France. I have such a connection to this city.

2017 changing all of my comfort zones.

March 1st seems like a perfect time to blog about ME. I have been thinking lots about what makes me - ME. I will share this with you I have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. Mainly anxiety and lack of self esteem. SHOCKED? Nope it is true. I work daily at filling myself up and practicing positive living. It is not easy. I might make it look easy but, I promise you it is not.
I am blessed with a knowing that my creating, my art is how I am meant to live my life. My art is truly my escape and my therapy.

Three years ago I made the choice to back out of my corporate freelance with graphic design and illustration. I have owned my studio for 25 years. I had really steady lovely clients. I made the decision to sell the home I had lived in for 17 years, sell most everything I could and move across the country with my hubby and Pearl Button. We did it!!! We moved to Florida (thinking this was the dream come true) Time would tell us that it was not.

I continued while I was there to start creating for me. Not for anyone but, me. I have been told my entire life that I need to pick one style, or try to fit into this mold, do this like they do and you will sell more. NOPE!!! I cannot, will not copy others, I will not just show that I can do one style. See God has blessed me to draw, paint, graphic design, sew, style spaces. Not only one style of these but, lots and lots. I am in no means bragging because see I have no ego either.

Rare to meet an artist that has no ego and not cocky with self esteem. So I am learning now at this time in my life that yes, I have anxiety and it is a big deal to face daily. I also know that I am not listening to those trying to hold me back. I am taking bigger risks, facing bigger fears no matter how much it is scary.

I am sending all sorts of my styles of artwork (very soon) into the world. I am determined to make a difference with my art! It matters to me that I succeed wildly. See I know what it is like to go to the very bottom and with help from others stand up again.

I am standing, I am walking along the rivers edge praying for the manifesting of my dreams. I am also working day and night to create this life.

I want others to know that my life is not easy. I wake up each day and pour more love on me and practice all of the words you see me right. The old bad habits fall away and new ones replace them.

Just like you I have big stuff that I must juggle with. I am only showing up real, honest and hoping to help.

Loving more.

www.kellimaykrenz.com

5 comments:

  1. Love you Kelli- way to be brave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you miss talented beautiful you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, bold, brave, beyond talented & inspirational.. YOU are making a difference everyday! Love to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Bishop Counseling helps individuals, couples, families deal with emotional health, addiction & recovery, relationships, and life transitions, depression and anxiety. Florida Mental Counseling Services | Depression Counselor Boca Raton

    ReplyDelete